When Time Stands Still

Today I had a moment.  A moment of clarity...

One of those moments when all of the uncertainties and anxieties that float around your head just, [poof] vanish.  It's like the sun seems so much brighter.  The air seems so much cooler.  The sky seems so much more vibrant.  The world seems so much more beautiful.  

Within a few seconds I felt my everyday anxieties come back to me.  But that moment.  That moment of euphoria and clarity...is what makes me smile for absolutely no reason. 

Those kinds of moments really remind me of what I'm here to accomplish.  That I'm on this Earth to work as hard as I can, to make something of myself, and to help as many people as I can.  I want to change lives.  I want to make a difference.  

That moment was so refreshing.  I sometimes find myself just walking through life...you know, eating, sleeping, going to school and work...not really embracing it as much as I should be.  Don't get me wrong, I have fun and enjoy life.  But moments where time seems to stand still, and I can actually see just how amazing life really is, makes me want to live it to my fullest potential.  

Do you ever have those moments?  

I don't know about you, but I can have those moments through music too.  There are a select few songs that give me that warm feeling inside.  Like everything is all good.  I'm actually listening to one of my favorite songs right now, and no matter how many times I listen to it, I get that moment of clarity.  I'm listening to Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol.  I don't know why it makes me feel this way, but it does.  Another favorite song of mine that gives me that same feeling is Somewhere Out There by Our Lady Peace.  23 by Jimmy Eat World does it to me too.   

When I listen to certain songs, I feel like nothing else matters in that moment.  I get chills.  Gosh what would we do without music?  

I think these moments of peace are sent from God.  We're all busy people, who experience stress and anxiety, and he knows that.  We all need those peaceful, reassuring moments once in awhile.  When they happen, take them in and enjoy every second.

Until next time.
Goodnight.  




“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight

 for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel 

around the world looking for it. You have to participate 

relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings.”

-Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
  







Comments

Popular Posts