A Moment In Time

As I'm listening to my favorite Pandora station, 90's Pop Radio, I can't help but tie each song with a memory of mine...  

Run-Around by Blues Traveler

This song is just pure Florida.  I used to live in Tampa back when I was younger, and this song immediately brings me back to those few years I lived there.  I can't help but think of the beach and playing outside with my friends.  I can actually visualize running around the front yard with my neighbors and sister.  It's definitely a feel good song, and one of my favorites to play in the summer time.  

Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind

All I can think of when I hear this song is driving in the car when I was little with the windows down. I can feel the breeze on my face and the sun warming my skin.  I can also picture the spanish moss hanging from trees around my old elementary school in Tampa.  

Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice

For some reason when I listen to this oldie, the first thing I think about is roller skating at a rink near where I live.  It was the "cool" thing to do way back in the day.  I remember wearing those old school skates, falling on that hardwood floor. (haha)  There was always a disco ball glowing with a DJ in the corner.  What a song... (LOL)

MMMBop by Hanson

This song was AMAZBALLS.  I have no clue why but I automatically think about watching Boy Meets World?  I don't really see the connection but that's what came to mind.  Amazing show, amazing song...there's my connection!

Don't Speak by No Doubt

One of my favorite bands of all time! I can picture my Mom driving one of best friends, Virginia, and me to school with this song playing.  We used to play Go Fish in the back seat literally everyday.  Gosh  whenever I hear this song I always feel the need to say, "This is a Florida song!"  Such a 90's classic.  

Hand In My Pocket by Alanis Morissette

I wish I knew the name to this road that my parents would drive down all the time, but there was a road that we'd have to take to get to my Brownies meetings.  I can see houses, then an open field.  My meetings were always in this one small building, and if I remember correctly it was somewhat secluded. I could be totally wrong but I'm gong to stick with that story (LOL).

Lovefool by The Cardigans

This was and still is another feel good song!  I think of Virginia and I driving around in her pink barbie jeep.  That thing was legit.  It had windshield wipers and everything.  I can picture us cruising in the hot sunshine down our street. 

This Is How We Do It by Montell Jordan

 The only thing I can think about when I hear this is Fresh Prince Of Bel Air.  It's that old school early 90's rap that I can't help but love!  But that's about all I can relate it too (ha).

I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys

Wow.  They were amazing.  Boy bands don't even compare now-a-days.  I remember having a HUGE crush on Nick.  First thing I think of when I listen to this song is living in my old apartment and going to the pool.  This was right before I moved to Ohio.  I can remember this gnarly lightening storm that hit us when my family and I were swimming at our pool.  We had to take cover under the pavilion and I can vividly remember how loud the thunder was and how bright the lightening was.  Tampa is the lightening capital of the world you know!

3 AM by Matchbox Twenty

This isn't really much of  memory but I can picture Rob Thomas singing in the rain.  I'm pretty he was in a phone booth at one point?  I immediately think about the music video.  I don't know why it's so vivid  to me because there are some songs that I love but can't remember the music video for the life of me.  This song and another MatchBox Twenty song, Push, are my favorites from these guys.

Waterfalls by TLC

Lisa Left eye Lopes was my favorite out of these ladies!  I loved her raps.  All I can say to this is R.I.P Lisa Left eye!

Fly by Sugar Ray

I remember playing in my living room back in Tampa.  My sister, myself and our friends created a Titanic reenactment.  This song brings me back to this memory for some reason...but we literally pushed a couple side tables together,covered them in sheets, and pretended that was the Titanic.  We even made menus for dining.  Mind you, this was right about when Titanic came out and my sister was obsessed.  That set up was so awesome though.

Okay last one...


Spiderwebs by No Doubt

Without a doubt..no pun intended, this is a beach memory.  I can picture Virginia and me, as well as her family or mine, driving to the beach.  I'm guessing it was Clearwater.  This song takes me back to the seafood joints on the water.  I loved playing in the sand and having my mom take me far out into the ocean. Pure bliss.  



I'm definitely going to do this again because there are so many amazing memories connected to not only these classics, but music from the past 10 years.  But for now I'm going to stop here. 


Until next time!



"In memory, everything seems to happen to music." -Tennessee Williams














Comments

Popular Posts