Expect the Unexpected

Life is unpredictable. Sometimes it can take you by surprise, whether you like it or not. Just when you think you know everything, life decides to throw you a curve ball.

I can honestly say that my life is going into a new direction that I was not expecting. One day you have these wonderful plans for the future, and the next day, they're gone. I have learned so much about myself in the past week then I have in the past year.

I realized that I am a much stronger person than I thought I was. I finally confronted a situation that I avoided for months. Although it was the hardest thing I've ever done, I knew it was the right thing.

For months my gut was telling me to confront this situation, but I could not bare the thought, so I avoided it any way I could. I tried everything and anything, hoping that something would fix the problems I was facing, but I could not go on any longer the way I was feeling.

I broke his heart. When I say broke, I think I shattered it. The one person I used to plan my future with. The one person I shared everything with. The one person I truly ever loved. How could that happen? How can someone be so happy and in love, but their heart was telling them something differently?

Life works in mysterious ways. Sometimes in ways we don't always understand, but I think God has a plan. I believe in the cliche saying that "everything happens for a reason." I have to believe that because that is the only way I can move on and know that everything is going to be okay not only for me but for him too. That is what keeps me going.

Sometimes you can't control your feelings, even though that might be hard to understand. Your heart knows when something feels right and when something feels wrong. Listen to that gut feeling you have in the pit of your stomach. That nervous, twisted feeling that is telling you what you already know...and just know that you are HUMAN. You are not a bad person for expressing your true feelings.

*I came across a quote from the book "Eat, Pray, Love" that captures exactly what I was feeling before I confronted my situation:

"The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving. I didn't want to destroy anything or anybody. I just wanted to slip quietly out the back door, without causing any fuss or consequences, and then not stop running until I reached Greenland."


I think that quote defines what a lot of people, who are in love, are scared of. Doing something you know is right, but is so hard. It is something that I had a hard time realizing. Something that was unthinkable, but something that was right.

It is the most bitter sweet circumstance to be in and I think it will feel bitter sweet for awhile. It is a situation that no one ever wants to be apart of, but many will experience. It is something I NEVER thought I would deal with, but like I said, Life is unpredictable.




Comments

Popular Posts