May Angels Lead You In


Yesterday was the second year anniversary of my Grandma's death. It's hard to believe it has been 2 years already. It feels like just yesterday. . .

I can clearly remember when I found out my Grandma died. I knew it was coming, but no one can really prepare oneself for death. My Grandma had been a smoker for years. I'm talking about 50 years. You can only imagine what 50 years of smoking can do to one's lungs, let alone one's health. My Grandma had Emphys
ema and Lung Cancer, which is what ultimately took her life. It all happened so fast though. I remember her getting diagnosed with stage 4 Lung Cancer, and 3 months later she passed. It's weird to think she is not here anymore. She was one of the toughest people I know, and she was so beautiful.

She had been through a lot in her lifetime. She became a widow at a young age, but had to raise 5 kids on her own. That was until she met her seco
nd husband, who later died as well from cancer. Some years later she met my current Grandfather and lived a happy life with him. Despite all the pain and sadness she experienced, she always managed to put a smile on and was such a loving person. So many people loved her and it showed especially after she died. My family and I were amazed at the amount of people who came to her funeral, and couldn't believe how much love everyone had for her. She was such an inspiring person who seemed to touch everyone around her.

It's easy to get angry at my Grandma though because I think about how her death was preventable. If only she had never smoked or quit earlier in her life, she might still be here today. But I know I can't think like that because what's done is done, and all I can do is remember her for all of the good she did, all of the people she inspired, and all of the happiness she brought to this world. She was a wonderful lady who had something special about her that I can't quite put my finger on. She just radiated courage, love, style, poise, and so much more, I could go on and on.

*September 19, 2008 is a day I will never forget. It changed my outlook on life. Life is precious and can be taken away in an instant. So enjoy it, face your fears, don't sweat the little things, and live each day like it's your last.







Comments

Popular Posts