One Year Post-Op!

As of a few days ago on June 15th, it has officially been one year since I received my Rhinoplasty! :)  I CANNOT believe it.  Where does the time go?  I honestly couldn't be any happier with my nose.  Now that it is fully healed, I can see a huge difference and improvement from my old nose.  The before and after pictures baffled me!


Needless to say, I'm so thankful for having the opportunity to have this surgery.  It was life changing and I couldn't have done it without my parents.  Not only because of the finances, but also because they supported me throughout the whole process.  I'm very blessed.


It's amazing how a little tweak here and there can change so many things.  My confidence is better than ever and I don't have pressure on the bridge of my nose anymore!  I can actually smell and my nose looks much more proportional to my face.  I feel like I can focus on other things in my life.  Having surgery was always a goal of mine, but now that I had it done, I can move forward.  My new nose is what I always pictured myself having.  I'm glad I was able to make a dream into a reality.


 




On another note, this week I spent my time training for my camp counselor position.  Next week is when I officially start the job!  I'm super excited to get the ball rolling, but I'm also a little nervous.  I've never worked one of one with special needs children so I can already tell this job is going to be a challenge, but I'm more than willing to take it on.  I found out who my campers are that will be my responsibility for the summer.  I have two boys who suffer from Autism and Aspergers Syndrome, and despite those challenges, I'm still beyond excited to meet them.  I feel like my campers are going to teach me a thing or two over these next couple months and I can't wait!


I think people can forget that those who suffer from a cognitive or physical disability are just like any of us "typical" people.  Though they may have more challenges and obstacles ahead of them, they do have feelings and emotions just like us!  The feeling I get when around children of special needs is indescribable.  To say being able to work with them is rewarding, is an understatement.  It's funny because these kids come to camp every summer to learn and have fun, but in all honesty, I think they teach us counsellors a lot about ourselves not even knowing it.  I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories to blog about in the next few months while working at camp!


I started my summer math course a few weeks ago...not the most exciting news, but just thought I'd share that. (lol)  I'm looking forward to getting it over with so I can move on with my college major courses.  Well I don't think there is much more to say about that (haha) so lets move on shall we?


Besides all of that fun stuff, I have to say that life is pretty great right now.  I feel very complete and balanced. I have a wonderful family, a rewarding job, a loving boyfriend, and although I don't see my friends as much as I'd like to, I know I'll always have them.  I noticed it keeps getting harder and harder to get together with my friends as we all get older.  We're all going in so many different directions, that it's hard to find time for each other.  I guess that's all part of growing up right?  Hopefully I'll be able to see them soon though. :)  I can't complain about my life right now.  I have to say that I'm super blessed for all that I have and I'm happy.  It feels so good to say that too.


I would keep rambling on but being that it's 1:30 am and I'm exhausted, I think I'm going to have to end my post here.  Until next time!




"Happiness is not a matter of intensity 
but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony." 



Comments

  1. HEEyyy!!!! I just read your posts about your rhinoplasty and the recovery period... i had a surgery 10 days ago and I wanted to ask you if your nose changed a lot during the following month or may be 2 months???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just reading this now and I am SO sorry I never replied! I didn't even know there was a comment. If theres even a chance you'll see this I wanted to say yes! It took about 1 full year to settle. I constantly changed! It will be swollen for awhile so I hope your recovery went well!:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts