Long Time No Talk

Wow.


I just realized it has been about 2 months since I last blogged.  Where does the time go?  It's hard to believe that I only have one more month of summer left.  


I really can't complain about my summer so far.  It has definitely been one of the best summers I've ever had and it's not even over yet!  I absolutely love my job and as tired as it makes me, I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'm already so attached to my campers, it's so crazy!  I can't even imagine having to say goodbye to them at the end of the summer...so I'm not even going to think about it  right now.  


My best friend, Virginia, and her brother J.J. came into town a few weeks ago!  It felt so good to see them.  It had almost been a year since I last saw Virginia, and about four years since I last saw J.J.  It's amazing to think about how much a person changes in a matter of four years.  Anywho, seeing them was awesome and I miss them already!  It's always hard to say goodbye, but I know I will see them again.  We've been visiting each other for the past 12 years out of our 15 year friendship, so I'm used to not seeing them often. What's another year right?


Unfortunately I do have some sad news.   Two nights ago my family and I decided to put my elderly dog to sleep.  It was so hard to say goodbye and I never thought we would have to make that decision.  I had always hoped that she would pass away on her own time, but I guess life doesn't always go as planned.  She had hurt her hip last week to the point where she was stumbling and struggling to walk.  It broke my heart to have to see her suffer like that, so I know we made the right decision to put her down.  She was a great dog and we were lucky to have her for 15 long years.  Now she's up in doggy heaven with her sister, who died three summers ago.  I love you Ashley. RIP.


On a lighter note, my boyfriend took me under his wing on Thursday after Ashley was put to sleep, and treated me to dinner, dessert and surprised me with a bouquet of pink roses.  They are so beautiful and that honestly made me feel so much better!  He sure knows how to put a smile on my face.  :)  I'm so thankful for him and I am so proud to have him as my boyfriend.  I can't help but think about us going back to school in a month.  We will be 8 hours away from each other, but there is no doubt in my mind that he and I will be okay, despite the distance.  I'm sure as hell going to miss him though but I love him way too much to let a temporary separation come between us.  You hear that babe?!  You're stuck with me! :P


Hmm...what else is there to update about?  Well Wednesday is my last summer Math class.  Thank God.  My professor is awesome though and I'm doing really well in the class!  Second time's the charm?  Looks like it!  I also have a lot of shopping to do for my house I got with two other room mates this year for school.  I figure I'll wait to do any shopping until my summer course is over.  That way I can focus on solely on my house and preparing for fall semester.


I'm trying to think if there is anything else that I need to update on...but I can't think of anything at the moment.  All I can say is that life is so good right now and I haven't been this happy or fulfilled in a long time.  


No complaints.


Life is what we make of it,
always has been,
always will be.



Comments

Popular Posts