College Sweet College

A little over a week ago I did the impossible, I moved out. Yes, you heard me, I moved OUT! I'm officially settled into my dorm. I love my dorm, it's gorgeous, and I couldn't be happier about my roommate. She is awesome! I've already met some great people and I honestly feel at home here. I never thought I'd be saying that but in all honestly, I believe this the a change that was necessary. Just knowing that I am one step closer to becoming a teacher is so exciting to me! Everyone has been so nice and I love my classes. Luckily I have wonderful professors, which makes my life a whole lot easier! I'm home this weekend because I had to take my Praxis I exam in order to move forward with my teaching degree. Of course I am sick right when I'm about to take a really important test!...But I took it this morning and passed both the Math and Reading section. All I need to pass now is the Writing portion but I won't find out how I did for a couple weeks.

It feels good to see my family this weekend though. It's kind of weird being back at home but it's a nice little change. My dad said it's a lot quieter around the house without me, and I don't doubt that at all! I haven't really gotten emotional about leaving home yet but last Wednesday before I left for school the next day, my mom came home from work later that night. As she walked into the family room, I realized the "waterworks" were coming. My mom broke down crying, but not because she was sad to see me go off to school, rather she was so happy for me and what was ahead of me. She mentioned how much she wished my Grandma could be here to see me throughout my journey at school, and how proud my Grandma would have been if she was still alive today. The first thing that came to my mind is that I know my Grandma is looking down on me following me every step of the way. I told my mom that even though my Grandma isn't here physically, she is definitely here spiritually. :)

I'm just so happy that I am where I am in my life right now. I'm proud of myself for choosing to move out and go to a school that wasn't necessarily my first choice. I know it was the best move for me to make and I can't wait to see what's ahead of me this semester!

So the moral of my story is to step out of your comfort zone. It might be the push you need to be successful. I know it might not feel comfortable at first but it will benefit you greatly. Never stop at "satisfied." Always challenge yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts