25 Days and Counting...

25 days is what stands between me and freedom...


Ahhh I can see it now.  May 6th rolls around, I finish up my last final, pack up my dorm, and head home for the summer.  To say I can't wait is an understatement.


Leaving behind my dorm and all the ups & downs that happened while living there is definitely going to be bitter-sweet.  I've shed some tears in that 25x17 ft. cubicle, but I've also had a lot of good laughs there too.  I honestly can't complain about living in the dorm I lived in this whole year.  I've met some really cool people because of it, had an awesome roommate and for God sake, I have my own bathroom and shower.  Need I say more?


Going off to school was one of the best decisions I've ever made.  Pushing myself to get out of my comfort zone has made me grow up tremendously.  I feel a lot more independent and it's allowed me to branch out and meet new people.  I've experienced happiness, heartbreak, achievement, failure, success...and much more.  I feel more secure with who I am.  I finally figured out what makes me happy and what makes me, me.  Singing/playing my guitar and not being afraid to share that with others; sketching and getting back into my artwork; making people laugh; blogging my life away to all you people.  Just knowing that others listen to me and what I have to say is the biggest compliment I could ever receive.


Blogging has made me realize my purpose for being on this Earth, and that being to say what others are afraid to say themselves.  To let everyone know that we are all so much more alike than we are different.  We all deal with different obstacles in our lives, but guess what?  I guarantee you there are other people dealing with the same thing you are whether it's under good or bad circumstances.  You're never alone.


Getting back to the dorm life and college, all I can say is time sure does fly.  I can't believe it is already April!  I mean, it's amazing to think I'm already going to be a junior in college this fall.  I remember being a junior in high school!  Time is so precious and it goes by way too fast.  You really should enjoy every minute of it, because each minute that passes is one that you'll never be able to get back.


It's weird to think that I'm already 20 years old.  It's even weirder to think that my Mom was only a year older than me when she got married to my Dad.  The crazy thing is that more and more people I know are going to start getting engaged in the next couple years.  Geez, I feel old. (ha)  I'm only a couple years away from being completely on my own as a working woman.  It's hard to even think about graduating and starting my life because even though that's only a couple years away, I feel like there is so much to do in the meantime to get there.  I keep telling myself that all of the hard work will pay off though.


Another school year might be coming to an end soon, but that just means I'm that much closer to graduating!  I really hope I walk away from college with close friends, knowledge to be the best teacher I can be, and someone by my side to start a future with.  I think life and all of the good that comes along with it isn't worth having unless you have someone to share it with.  


I literally CANNOT wait until summer!  I'm definitely going to miss school, but I think it's time I close this chapter in my life and open another.




“We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves

Comments

Popular Posts