Butterflies

Outside looking in, it might seem crazy,
Little did you know a simple "Hi" would save me,
You're unexpected to say the least,
But I have a feeling that you're one to keep.

Can I feel this way despite the space?
For God sake, a year has gone by since I saw your face,
Why now?  Why me?  What caught your eye?
Was that classic movie quote really the tie?    ;)

Boy, you sure as hell have me hooked,
Best part about this is I hadn't even looked,
Fate was always something I had questioned,
But now, without a doubt, it's something I will mention.

My tummy, a containment of endless Butterflies,
Just another reminder that you're the right guy,
You are the thief to my stolen heart,
Regardless of the distance that keeps us apart.

Two states is what stands between you and me,
I never would have attempted this normally,
But my gut keeps telling me it's all worth while,
Must be true, being at how much you make me smile.   :)

I fell for you including all of the above,
So there's no question in my mind that I'm falling in love,
Boy, you have me wanting more and more,
I literally can't wait for what the future has in store.

Darling, I'm going to leave you on this one last note,
There are three little words that I never wrote,
I already feel it, but I'm waiting for you,
No rush, when the time is right, you'll know what to do. 

xox



Comments

Popular Posts