Carpe Diem

***I just found out earlier about a student at my school that was killed in a car accident yesterday after I wrote this blog.  Once again, a young life is taken from us and I don't understand why.  She was a sweetheart and my thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends right now.  There's not a doubt in my mind that she is looking down from the heavens helping you all get through this horrible time every step of the way.  God Bless. 


So I woke up yesterday to my Mama telling me about 3 teenagers that were killed Monday night in a car accident.  Great way to wake up right?  But in all seriousness hearing that made me wonder, yet again, why would God take those who are young away from us so early in life?  It doesn't seem fair.  I have heard that only the good die young.  Maybe there is some truth to that?...


After hearing about these 3 boys, it got me thinking...Does God have a plan for all of us?  Or is life just full of unfortunate events that we can't control?  But then again, if God has a plan for all of us, why would he take those away from us that haven't even reached 20 years of age?  Why would he cause that pain to the victims' loved ones?  Maybe God does have a plan.  Maybe, just maybe, the big man upstairs takes us from this life once we have fulfilled what we were put on this Earth to do, and unfortunately sometimes that means taking the life of those that are young.  Then again, maybe this is just me trying the rationalize the situation.  But who knows, my theory might have some validity to it.


Looking back on my high school years, I remember there being a death of a student here and there.  It always took me by surprise and I never understood why someone who had such a bright future ahead of them would be taken from us.  Even if I didn't know the person, I always felt heartbroken for their family and friends.  Death is so unpredictable and it's weird to think that it's inevitable.  None of us know when our time will be, more the reason to live life to the fullest.  My time may be in 80 years, or it could be next week.  You just never know.  


I think losing someone close to you can either make you or break you.  I know when I lost my Grandma, it was harder than I thought it was going to be, but I don't get upset anymore because I learned it's a part of life.  Everyone goes through it and just knowing my Grandma is watching over me, pain free, gives me a sense of comfort.  She's my guardian angel.  Don't get me wrong, losing a loved one is NEVER and will NEVER be easy.  It's devastating to say the least, but to know that they are in a better place watching down on you, might give you some peace in your life.  I try to think that everything happens for a reason, even though sometimes that reason isn't always obvious.


I know death doesn't seem like the most uplifting topic to blog about, but I felt I had to after hearing about those 3 teens.  Life is so short and you just never know what your future holds.  It's full of surprises, some being good while others being bad.  We should all live each day like it's our last and do everything with love.   




"Every man dies.  
          Not every man really lives."

Comments

  1. I think God sometimes takes young people like that away, so other's will learn to appreciate life a little more.
    A lot of people say that life sucks and everything and they don't take pride or satisfaction in what they already have. And when a person that young dies, it makes a person sit down and reflect on what's really important in life.
    I think people need to learn how to analyze a bad situation and just say "It could be a lot worse" because its true. No matter what you're going through someone most likely has already experienced it and have found a way to pull through.
    And while I know that people handle situations differently, I think if we all learn to take bits and pieces of experience from other people, we can learn how to deal with anything in a positive and productive manner.

    This is the first blog I've read of yours and I intent to keep on reading them ma'am. Glad I met you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. As hard as it is for me to think a life must be taken in order for me to learn a lesson, I think that is what life is all about. It definitely makes me appreciate what I have going in my life that much more. Well said! Thanks for reading :) Glad I met you too kid!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts