Hey Jealousy

Jealousy. 

Jealousy sucks.

 A lot of us have probably said to ourselves, "I'm not a jealous person." I know I have. But let's face it, we all have a little bit of jealousy in us.

 My jealousy definitely comes out in my relationship. Not too often, but once in awhile I'll feel it coming on. Don't get me wrong though. When I say sometimes I get jealous, I don't mean I turn into a crazy psycho girlfriend...I'll leave that for the reality shows out there. (ha)

Let's be honest, I know I'm not the only person who has seen or heard about a boyfriends ex and said, "she's a bitch," without evening knowing the chick. I'd like to think its a natural reaction though. 

 When jealousy hits, I know I start doubting myself. "Am I pretty enough? What if he decides to go back to her?.....what if he doesn't love me as much as I love him?" Basically every question possible goes through my mind. Talk about analytical. But these are the moments when I need reassurance. Reassurance that he loves me just as much as I love him. Reassurance that he thinks of me as the most beautiful girl in the world. Reassurance that I'm that girl he wants to wake up next to every morning and fall asleep next to every night... Saying I love you is wonderful. I can't say those three words enough to him, and I love hearing them back, but there is something about him looking in my eyes and telling me how lucky he is to have me. Moments like those send shivers down my spine and make my heart beat out of my chest. 

 If you can't tell already, I'm a hopeless romantic. I believe in true love and I believe it can last for a lifetime and I think it's so important to be reminded of that kind of love now and then. Whether its receiving a bouquet of flowers, being taken on a surprise date, or having someone you love whisper that you are the most beautiful girl in the world into your ear; those are the moments that remind us of true love.

 I think it's easy to get so comfortable in a relationship that you forget to include those magical moments. There's nothing wrong with being comfortable in a relationship but I know I never want to forget how I fell in love with him. Little moments like the ones I mentioned before reassure me of why I love him. It's amazing how a few words can make you feel so incredibly special. How those few words can change the outlook of your entire day. They're a lot more powerful than they seem which is why they are so easily misplaced. 

 I know I started off this post by talking about jealousy and somehow it turned into this. I have a tendency of getting off subject, but when I start typing I can't stop! I'm going to end this post by saying that we should never forget to express our feelings to the ones we love. Relationships arnt easy, but saying those special words make them a little bit easier.

Comments

Popular Posts