Your Loss

So this is what it feels like to be dumped.
A million thoughts and emotions going every which way. One minute I'm furious, the next minute I'm sobbing. I even felt a sense of happiness? If that's not confusing, then I don't know what is.

How can someone go from being so heart broken to feeling a sense of ease? I think it's because he must not be "the" guy for me. They say you have to kiss a few frogs before you can find yourself a prince. Let's hope they are right, whoever "they" are.

Even though I didn't expect to be spending my Monday evening writing a break up blog, part of me feels okay with this whole situation. I mean sure, no one wants their heart broken, but instead of pouting about it and feeling sorry for yourself, why not take it as an opportunity to learn about yourself. Every relationship teaches us at least one thing or another that we never knew before.

In the short time I was with him, I learned a couple things that I will carry with me into my future relationships. One for example, I've always struggled with living in the moment. I'm a planner, so I have a hard time not thinking about the future, but he helped me live one day at a time. You know who you are, and I thank you for that.
Hopefully I taught you a thing or two?

*I know you care about me and you say you care about us, but it's obvious that you don't care enough to make us work. I'll never understand why because if you truly cared as much as you say you do, you would try everything in your power to keep us together. I know I said some things that hurt you, but I never thought it would break us. Learning from one another and compromising are the key factors to having a successful relationship, but if you're not willing to do that, then you're not the guy for me. It's a shame too because you're fully capable of doing both of those things, and I'm not saying this to make you mad, I'm saying this because I care.

I think the most surprising part about this whole break up is how well it ended. After all of the tears and cursing subsided, we actually talked in a normal manor. We were able to hear each other out, which was anything short of a miracle, and that's not even the best part. The best part is that we're able to be friends, and I honestly feel really good about it. Sure, I wish we could be more, but everything happens for a reason, and being friends is all I could ask for. :)

Take every heartbreak as a lesson. Learn from it. Don't beat yourself up over it, or beat him up for that matter. It's not worth the pain, frustration, or your time.

Realize that there is somebody out there that isn't necessarily better than him, but better for you.

Comments

Popular Posts