Taking Chances

"Progress always involves risks.
You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. "


If there is one thing I achieved in the past year, it would be taking chances. Let me tell you it wasn't easy, but man am I sure as hell glad I did. From having surgery, to going off to school, and putting my relationship in God's hands, I'd say I've come a long way.

Taking risks can be a little bit scary. The fact that you have absolutely no idea what the outcome can be is really intimidating, which is probably what holds many people back from doing so. Some may think of the unknown as a risk they are not willing to take, but what's the fun in that? The unknown needs to be explored! I mean if you think about it, where would we all be if we never took a leap of faith? We would be absolutely no where.

You can't be afraid of being wrong or right because guess what? There is no wrong or right answer. Taking a risk is about stepping out of your comfort zone. Looking back, I don't think there was one time where I stepped out of my comfort zone and regretted it. I truly believe that all of the trials and tribulations that we go through in our lifetime are for the better. They teach us about ourselves and allow us to grow. Without them, I doubt we would know right from wrong.

That's the beauty of life though. Not knowing what's ahead, that is what makes life interesting. The best thing you can do is live up every moment. Life is so precious and it is too short to be predicting the future and worrying about making the "wrong" decision.
Live in the moment and as long as your happy, the outcome won't even matter anymore. You never know when your last day may be so take life one day at a time and enjoy the ride. Don't let the unknown scare you or hold you back from experiencing the wonderful things life has to offer.

If something feels right, then go with it, just give it a shot. The worst feeling is when you pass up an opportunity only to look back on it with regret. Take a leap of faith and get out of your comfort zone because you will more than likely learn something about yourself that you never knew before. You'll know that regardless of the outcome, you gave it your all and in the end that's all that matters.

Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "Do one thing every day that scares you."


so with that being said, live each day like it's your last.








Comments

Popular Posts