LIFE

The other day I walked over to my window in my bedroom, admiring the view.  Using the support of both of my hands, I leaned against my window just staring outside.  I was home alone, and I took in that moment of silence, while looking out at the world.   

I don't know about you, but I find myself admiring and thinking about all the world offers to us.  Analyzing every aspect of it; the trees, wildlife, culture, or even just the endless sky above me.  Maybe that's just the analytical side of me coming out, but I am fascinated by "life" itself.  I catch myself questioning things, such as why the grass is green, why do we seek love, or is there another life out there in a far away galaxy that we don't know about?  Are there people just like us somewhere else?  That  is hard to even comprehend, but I do think about it from time to time.  I'll even think about things such as the concept of time or why is it that we only live on average into our mid 80's?  

You might think I'm crazy for thinking these thoughts but I've always been interested in the why's and how's.  The world is so amazing and there is so much to it that I want to see and experience.  There are so many kinds of people out there that I want to meet.  Sometimes I think we forget that there is more to life than what we see on a daily basis.  There are numerous places to be explored and discovered; various cultures out there besides ours.  

I believe a lot of people are afraid to step out of their comfort zone and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I know that when I die I want to die knowing I lived my life to the fullest.  That I pushed my limits and took advantage of the many mysterious and beautiful things our Earth has to offer!  I want to do everything in my power to learn and grow during my lifetime.  

Getting back to me analyzing our world, for instance, about a month and a half ago a bird started building a nest in the wreath that hangs on my front door.  Shortly after the bird finished building her nest, she laid about four eggs.  After a week or two of laying on the eggs, the little ones finally hatched and stayed in that nest until they were able to fly on their own.  Random story right?  Well that is just an example of how amazing life is.  That these full grown birds came from teeny tiny eggs and in a matter of two weeks, they were gone.  I remember coming home from school a week or two ago and when I opened my front door, all I saw were these precious fuzzy baby birds.  It might sound funny but I just stood there in awe.  I couldn't take my eyes of them!  They didn't even look real.  Their bodies didn't have a single feather on them at first, nor were their eyes open.  I think it's so incredible that they're off on their own now ready to continue the cycle of life.  

Or even when I see an a child or a newborn baby, I often think to myself, wow we were all that small once.  That two people can come together and create this being.  This being who has the potential to be anything it wants to be.  This being that has a life of uncertainty ahead of him or her.  It's just so insane to think about it and to know we are fully capable of creating a child.  It really is a gift.


It's a little overwhelming to think about all the world has to offer; all of the beautiful landscape; exotic animals; people in general.  I wonder what the world will be like in a hundred years?  I mean, look how much our planet has changed in the past fifty years!  I'm so curious to know what's ahead for us and our world.  


Oh another thing that fascinates me are tornadoes.  Sounds silly right?  But for instance last night there was a tornado warning for where I live and for the surrounding areas, so of course my sister and I immediately go outside to see if we spot anything in the sky.  As I looked up into the thick cluster of clouds, I saw a funnel cloud spinning right above me.  I was so intrigued and despite my Dad yelling at me to come inside, I refused.  It was the coolest thing to see.  Unfortunately it did cause some damage across towns near mine, but nothing life threatening.  I think mother nature is one crazy lady! (ha)  


I'm not going to keep rambling but my reasoning behind this blog entry is because I think the world, nature, and life in general is so amazing.  Between life and death, and rain or shine, it really is insane to think about the things we see everyday.  Stuff such as trees, animals, even us humans.  Sometimes I think we all need to stop and admire what's right in front of our eyes.  The things that we usually don't think twice about.  The things that make this world go round.



“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”

Comments

Popular Posts