Fate

"A person often meets 
his destiny on the 
road he took to avoid it.."


Do you believe in fate or destiny?  That every step you take and every person you meet can lead you to that one special someone; that every heartbreak happens for a reason.  It's amazing to look back at the person I was a year ago, a confused girl that forgot what happiness felt like, compared to the girl I am today.  It's crazy how one person can make you feel on top of the world and make you forget about all of the heartbreak you've dealt with in the past.  That each and every low point you've ever felt is erased when you talk to that special someone.  


I truly believe every person we meet in our lifetime, we meet for a reason.  Not only do they teach us something about ourselves that we never knew before, but they prepare us for a greater things to come.  


In the past few months I went through some heart break and had my feelings hurt, you know all that fun stuff that comes along with dating.  But I'm so glad I went through that because otherwise I would not have gotten the chance to be with you.  You came out of no where and were very unexpected to say the least.  I can't help but smile when I talk to you or even think about you.  I know this sounds so corny but you're like my angel.  You're everything I have ever wanted let alone needed to make me happy.   Wow, I feel like the Taylor Swift of blogs...haha.  Writing about my feeling for you, but in all honesty I mean every word I say.


Coming back to the whole believing in fate thing, you make me believe in it that much more.  Meeting you in our history class, and reconnecting a year later despite you being so far away, I mean how can I not believe in destiny?  Or the fact that you are my best friends cousin is so ironic.  Needless to say, I'm so happy we started talking.  I had posted a blog maybe two weeks ago about how people come in and out of your life for a reason, and going off of that I think people guide you to the right special someone.  I take each person I meet as an opportunity to learn.  To learn about myself and what I need in my life to make me happy.  


Have you ever thought about where you would be right now if you hadn't met a specific person, or if you had handled a situation differently?  Being the analytical girl that I am, I know I have.  I've asked myself, "what if I never moved to Ohio, and just stayed in Florida?"  I can't imagine how different my life would be right now!  I wouldn't have met my amazing friends who I love to death.  I wouldn't have met you.  I mean I probably would be a little tanner than I am now haha, but I feel like I moved and met specific people for a reason.  Each encounter we have in our lifetime is a stepping stone leading us to a happy ending.  You should embrace every chance you get to meet someone new because they are there for a reason and you just never know what that reason may be.  They could be the key to future employment opportunities or the connecting factor between you and the love of your life.  They could even be the difference between a life or death situation.  You just never know.


I often wonder how my life would have been if I hadn't met my best friend, Virginia.  It's hard to imagine that though because I've known her since I was 6 years old, but I don't know where I'd be without her.  I think I've said this before but that girl knows me better than I know myself and I'm so glad I moved to Florida, because otherwise I would have never met her.


Fate is such a beautiful thing.  It's not always an easy process; you're going to have your ups and downs, but the outcome makes it so worth it.  So far its led me to some of the best friends I could ever ask for, and it even led me to you.  Can't complain.   :)



Comments

Popular Posts