My Happiness

 Good fortune; Pleasure; Contentment; Joy
 That is the actual definition of "happiness" but what is my definition of happiness? 

Playing the guitar; being able to be in my own world.  Music is what keeps me going.  Not only playing it, but listening to it.  I remember when I was in 5th grade, the movie Josie and The Pussycats came out and once I saw it, I was hooked.  I wanted to be just like Josie and her band mates.  As silly as it may sound, that movie is what inspired me to pick up a guitar.  I actually wanted to play drums, and I still think to this day that playing the drums is what I'm meant to do.  I love it.  I've never had a lesson before but playing them comes naturally and it feels so right.  My dad wouldn't let me get a drum set though when I was younger, claiming that they are too "loud."  So I decided to take up the guitar, and I'm so glad I did.  I've been playing for the past 8 years and it's what makes me, me.  I've been told that I should do something with my music, but I guess I see it more as a hobby.  I don't take it too seriously.  Some people dream about being famous and showing the world their talent, but I never had that dream.  Don't get me wrong, that would be an experience of a lifetime, but my dreams are a little different.

Sketching; putting a pencil to paper and drawing exactly what I see.  Art is who I am.  It's in my blood.  I wish I did more with it because that is something that I know I'm good at.  Some people can paint a masterpiece, while others can sculpt, I can draw what I see in front of me.  Drawing portraits is what I love to do.  Realism is my favorite style of art.  I remember back in my high school art class, whenever my class would be assigned a project involving portraits, I couldn't wait to get started.  Not everyone was too keen on those types of projects as I was but then again everyone has their own niche.  I just sketched my first portrait in about a year or so, and I felt so good once I completed it.  I guess sketching is another way for me to express myself.  I'm really proud of what I create and I definitely want to get back into drawing on a regular basis.  Who knows, maybe I'll do something with it in the future?   I am going into teaching, so maybe I will become an Art Teacher at some point.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)


Tattoos; the art of mixing pain and pleasure.  Some people may find tattoos trashy, or may think of them as a fad, but to me they are so much more.  Tattoos are a way to express yourself.  They are an art form that have been practiced for thousands of years.  Yes, they're permanent but life is too short to be worrying about that.  Don't get me wrong, I think whenever you get a tattoo you should make sure it is something meaningful or something you don't mind having on your body for the rest of your life, nonetheless, but go for it!  I have always thought it would be cool to be a tattoo artist.  I could apply my love of drawing portraits into tattooing?  I only have a couple tattoos myself, one being on my foot and the other on my lower right side of my back/ribs.  I'm looking forward to my spring break though because I'm having the tattoo on my back finished!  I am so excited!  I'm hoping it won't be too painful.  The last time I got tattooed, I almost fell asleep.  Weird?  I think the level of pain depends on where you're getting tattooed.  My foot hurt the most because there is absolutely no fat, all veins and bone.   No pain, no gain right?  Tattoos are not for everyone but I think they're always going to be part of our society.  Every tattoo has a story behind it, good or bad.


Friends; the people that are there for me through thick and thin.  I truly don't know where I would be without them.  They mean so much to me and I love them to death.  I have a group of girl friends that I adore.  You all know who you are and I'm so happy we have all stayed so close throughout the years, and despite going off to college, we always manage to come together as if we never left.  We've grown up together and I have some of the best memories with you girls.  As for my guy friends, you also know who you are.  You guys are like my brothers and have been nothing but wonderful to me.  I know I can always count on you guys being there for me when I need you.  We always have fun together and I'm sure there is plenty more of that to come in the future.  :)   There is one person though that knows me better than I know myself, and that is Virginia.  I can't even imagine my life without her.  We've been best friends for the past 14 years, and every time I'm with her, I always have a blast. We are literally like sisters.  We've seen each other at our best and at our worst, and despite living more than 1000 miles away from each other, we still manage to get together once or twice a year.  As a matter of fact, she'll being flying up to stay with me this May, and to say I'm excited is an understatement!  I really wonder where I would be if I didn't have such amazing friends.  They are the best friends anyone could ever ask for and they accept me for me.  I love and appreciate you all more than you'll ever know.


Family; wouldn't be here without you.  I'm so blessed to have such amazing parents and such an awesome sister.  I feel like I've gotten a lot closer to them as I've gotten older, especially after I went off to college.  They have seen me at my lowest points in my life and have always been there for me.  I can't thank you enough for it especially when I was going through my depression.  Mom, I think I came to you crying every other day during that time in my life, but you always listened and comforted me.  You guys have always put up with my smartass comments and witty remarks, you love it though!  I think my favorite thing about our family is how open we are with each other.  I know I have always been upfront and honest with you, sometimes a little too honest (ha) but I wouldn't want it any other way.  You accept me for who I am and respect the woman I've grown to be.  I can't thank you enough for supporting me through everything that's happened i the past year.  You all are my rocks!  I love you so much!

   

Comments

Popular Posts