My Dreams

Everybody has goals.


Everybody has dreams.


But these are my dreams...


I want to make a difference.  My biggest goal in life is to be the best teacher I can be.  I want to be that teacher that you look back on years later and think, "wow, she really impacted my life," or "she was my favorite teacher."  I want to be the teacher that kids look forward to seeing everyday.  The one that has her previous students, who have grown and matured, come back and visit once in awhile.  I want to be a role model for my future students, especially to those who might not have an adult figure in his or her life.  Sometimes being a teacher means you have to take on the role of being a mother.  I know I am going to face some very difficult situations in my teaching career, and I want my kids to know that I may be their teacher but I am also someone they can talk to.  Teaching young children is not just about having patience or loving kids, but ultimately it is about being understanding.  I want to be that person.


Another one of my dreams is to be a Mom.  That might not seem like a dream to some but that is one of my biggest goals in life...once I'm married of course. :)  I have this connection with children and to have a few of my own little rugrats someday is something I look forward to.  Children are so innocent and care free.  When I'm around them I feel like I can be silly and myself knowing that they won't judge my character.  Kids do the darnest things and I love how each and every child has their own unique personality.  I think some women just know that they are meant to be a mother, and that is something I know I was put on this earth to be.


Obviously being that I would like children someday, I dream of falling in love with the right guy to marry.  I've learned so much about myself and what I need in a man to make me happy these past couple years.  I'm in no rush to jump into another relationship by any means right now, but I do hope to find my prince someday.  All I could ever want in a partner is someone I can be myself with.  Someone I can share everything with and they will love me no matter what.  I want that person to be my best friend as well as the love of my life.  I know he is out there and I look forward to stumbling upon him someday, but in the meantime I'm just going to have fun and let things play out how they are meant to.  I mean I am only 20 years old.  :)


I truly believe I will achieve all of my dreams and goals in life.  It is all just a matter of timing and I know things will happen when they are meant to.  Life has already given me many surprises these past few years and I cannot wait to see what else is in store for me.  




"Look for the dream that keeps coming back.  
         It is your destiny."


Comments

  1. Amanda,

    These are very special dreams. Wish you all the best of luck.

    Came across your blog, as it touches on some themes related to our Reunite America campaign. You write about wanting to be the kind of teacher that makes a lasting impression. Perhaps you had such a teacher?

    You and your friends have likely reconnected with old friends, family members, maybe even that favorite teacher, via Facebook. Well, we at Tostitos want to take it to the next level. I encourage you to go to our Facebook page and share your story of someone that you haven’t seen in a long while and with whom you’d love to reconnect in person. The best, most compelling stories will be voted on, and we’ll make some of these reunions happen!

    http://www.facebook.com/Tostitos?ref=ts&sk=app_158498747530557

    Check it out, tell your friends about it, and share your stories. And again, best of luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts