Friends Come & Go

Throughout your life, you're constantly meeting new people.  While some may become good friends, others might be in and out of your life in an instant.  I don't know about you, but the thought of losing someone who I thought was a friend sucks.  I ask myself, "did I do something wrong?"  Why would somebody who you thought had your back and was a good friend just suddenly go MIA?


I met a few people in the past couple months who I thought were my friends, until they completely shut me out of their lives.  It took me by surprise and in all honestly it made me angry.  What did I do that was so bad to deserve this?  Then it hit me.  Amanda, you did nothing wrong.  I realized that people come in and out of our lives for a reason.  They come in, do what they are there to do, and once their job is done they move on.  I don't know if that way of thinking is just me trying to make myself feel better, or if there is some legitimacy to it, but I know it helps me move on.


Looking back, I don't know what I would have done without that particular friend I lost.  He helped me get through some tough situations and I'm really thankful for that.  I wish we could have stayed friends, but I believe everything happens for a reason.  I believe he came into my life to distract me from the problems I was facing.  He definitely knew how to put a smile on my face and I thank him for helping me out.  


I have definitely moved on with my life.  I figure there is no point in dwelling on the situation, so leave it in the past where it belongs.  There are so many awesome people out there that I have to look forward to meeting, so no worries!  I've made so many great friends since the start of this semester and I couldn't be happier.  My friends are so diverse and unique, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I've been catching up with some old friends lately and it has been so nice to talk to them and see where they are in their lives right now.  It's amazing how much you change and mature in just a matter of a few years.  I mean I'm still the same old Amanda that I was back in high school, but I've matured so much!  It's crazy.  Just when you think your done growing up, you realize you're just getting started.


But like I said, I've met some awesome people and reunited with others.  One imparticular, who I haven't seen in a year, but we've been catching up and talking for the past month and a half.  I've loved every second of talking to him and I wish I could see him, but unfortunately I have to wait until summer.  I'm just grateful we can talk via calling or texting.  You know who you are and I literally can't wait to see you! :)  Only 7 more weeks until I can tackle you! haha


You can believe that people come in and out of your life for a reason, or for no reason at all.  But I'd like to think fate plays some sort of role in it.  As I always say, expect the unexpected.  So far living by that motto has worked for me whether it is dealing with friendships or relationships.  Like I said, I'm really content with my life right now and I'm so blessed to have the friends that I have.  Yall are so amazing and for those that I'm still getting to know...one specifically,  I look forward to every second I'll be with you, let alone every time we talk.  :)




“Some people come into 

our lives and quickly go. 

Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. 

And we are never, ever the same.”

Comments

Popular Posts